Top Ten Selects’ main mission is to offer comprehensive product reviews and unbiased buying guides to help buyers smartly weigh their options before their purchase. We do this through an all-inclusive evaluation, comparison and analysis of both expert and customer reviews.
But each year, as a way of giving back, we venture into another mission of finding the top one student applicant who will be rewarded with $1000 through our annually offered Top Student Scholarship.
Who are eligible for this competition:
ALL STUDENTS are qualified to participate. No registration fee is required. Regardless of your location, age or grades in school, Top Ten Selects will give you a chance to be our “top student” for this competition. We treat all applicants equally and evaluate only based on our main criterion for judging: writing ability.
Applicants are required to write a 1000 word essay on a topic that we select each year to assess their writing skills. This year, students who want to apply must write an essay entitled, “A Comparative Analysis of Buying Habits of Men and Women.”
*Tip: Facts and statistics from credible sources will earn you points. However, make sure to include a proper citation.
How to proceed with application:
- In a separate file, write a straightforward and brief background about yourself. Include full name, home address, school address and contact number that we will need for communication purposes. The information will not be shared or sold to third parties.
- Scan or take a photo of your enrollment slip. We want to make sure that every applicant is officially enrolled in an educational institution. In case you don’t have this, secure a copy from your school’s registrar or get an official school document stating that you are enrolled student.
- Email us at [email protected] with subject: “Top Student Applicant.” Three files should be attached in your email: essay, background about yourself, and enrollment slip. Make sure everything is complete before sending.
IMPORTANT: Your email should reach us before 12 midnight of April 1, 2018 (EST).
Awarding of scholarship:
- After a week of evaluation, we will announce the winner in our website and contact the winner for mailing address confirmation. The $1000 prize will be sent as check.
- Winning the scholarship also means being published in our website. We will post the winning essay together with those of the previous years (will be posted soon). Please note that you are giving Top Ten Selects full permission to post your essay once you email us your application.
- The student who will win the scholarship this year will not be allowed to join again in the coming years. Similarly, previous winners of the Top Student Scholarship are not eligible to apply this year.